High Littleton


High Littleton and its hamlets of Hallatrow and Amesbury form a civil parish and are located in the county of somerset. There is evidence of settlement at High Littleton dating back to Saxon times in the late 7th or 8th century they called it Lytel Tun. Coal mines were established by villagers in 1633 because of the Somerset Coalfield the coal seams ran obliquely to the surface. 

There is a C of E VC Primary school, a church, several pubs and shops within the local area.